Center for Food Safety in Child Nutrition Programs
Advancing Food Safety in Child Nutrition Programs
The Center provides science-based solutions to problems impacting food safety in child nutrition programs across the United States. The center resides within the College of Health and Human Sciences with faculty from the Departments of Hospitality Management and Food, Nutrition, Dietetics, and Health. The center seeks to be at the forefront of providing safe food to America's school-aged children.
The Center uses an interdisciplinary team approach to disseminate food safety solutions to school nutrition directors and operators, scientists, policymakers, educators, and practitioners. Research areas are prioritized through the cooperative agreement with USDA Food and Nutrition Service's Office of Food Safety.
- K-State Department of Hospitality Management
- K-State Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service's Office of Food Safety
- Institute of Child Nutrition
- K-State Department of Animal Sciences and Industry
- Food Science Institute
- Kansas State Department of Education, Child Nutrition & Wellness